Yiddish for Kontakt
Sonokinetic specializes in in-depth musical history heritage exploration since 2008. With “Yiddish” we fulfill our premise to capture part of the Jewish music culture and complement our signature sampling line with this very recognizable musical style. Different from the mystical Sephardic “Voices of Israel” and our cross-over to the Yemenite style, “Yiddish” brings a more Jewish-European oriented style which found its roots in the high-german and Ashkenazi language.
This library is a very specific and authentic representation of its promised title, a niche in ethnic music that hasn’t been covered in sampling before. With “Yiddish”, Sonokinetic BV is very proud to present to you a continuation in our proven concept in vocal cinematic performance sampling. You can expect the same dedication to high-end sample quality, software performance, instrument handling and documentation that is present in all of our vocal products. This collection will fulfill your professional media-scoring needs when working within this thematic color, style or genre. We hope you will let this breathtaking musical performance and dramatic cinematic vocal fx collection inspire you and show you new compositorial ways.
While in ‘Voices of Israel’ (and Yemenite too in a way) we have shone a light on one side of Israel’s musical culture, the diversity of styles available in that part of the world and the very particular flavour of this one impelled us to musically revisit Tel Aviv, and employ producer Hagai Davidoff to find and record a Yiddish vocalist for us.
As we have worked with Hagai before on ‘Voices of Israel’ and ‘Yemenite’ we knew we could count on him to come up with a great performer, and he found her in Rahel Jaskow. Very adept in this particular historic style and a veritable encyclopedia of little-known facts of Yiddish culture and music, Rahel was the perfect choice to cement this musical heritage into a composing tool for the rest of us. Rahel picked the 10 stunning royalty free songs and the 4 poems that comprise the product, and she improvised an improvisation section and Fx section to match.
Again Sonokinetic sticks with its unbeatable pricing module and high quality sampling standards.
This is an absolute giveaway and hard to resist library if this is what your project needs.
We’re proud to release “Yiddish” and let her spread the inspiration of the Yiddish female vocal sound and the rich culture that is Yiddish folklore music.
We again push the limit trying to capture the magic of very particular music styles with this wide selection of easy to use vocal performances and fx samples, and in doing so providing you the possibility, when need arises, to compose in true Yiddish fashion and blow away your clientele with tracks containing truly professional sounding vocals.
- One Kontakt 4 & One Kontakt 5 patch spanning:
- 4 Main categories in traditional Yiddish style:
- Traditional Songs
- 4 Main categories in traditional Yiddish style:
- Automatic BPM group selecting (HOST slave)
- Tempo synced by time machine
- Use of Sonokinetic Intelligent Time Machine functionality
- 10 copyright-free traditional songs
- 10 sets of Improvisations
- Voice fx: whispers, soft speech, typical Yiddish words
- Kontakt 5 with Timemachine Pro settings (64Bit)
- 4050+ samples. (1,19 GB sample content) in ncw format
- All songs, poems and words in English translation (pdf).
- Royalty and copyright free content license.
- Yiddish Reference manual (pdf).
- Artwork: “Yiddish” dvd cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa
- Video tutorial: “Walk Through” hosted by Reuben Cornell
Format: All files in 44.1 kHz, 24bit ncw format.
Programmed for Kontakt 4.2.4. & Kontakt 5 (FULL VERSION ONLY! not compatible with the free Kontakt Player!)
*limitations of a vocal cord limits the amount of song options in keys outside the cantors range
Sonokinetic dedicates its development attention to a select few formats. We carefully select which sampling software engines to program for and base these investments on usability, flexibility, stability and effective use of computing power. We are constant looking to evolve and for ways to invest in more user-friendly ways to make our libraries accessible for production and performance.
- MAC & PC
- Compatible Kontakt 4.2.4. & Kontakt 5 (FULL VERSION ONLY! not compatible with the free Kontakt Player!)
- Format: 44.1 kHz, 24bit ncw format
- For more information or support please check our FAQ or support service
- Available as DOWNLOAD also available on USB stick (express shipping)
When you purchase and download a product from our store your personal information and download-IP address will be logged to the unique download you have paid for and downloaded. The instrument patches and sample pool have been watermarked and linked to your provided paypal / credit card information and download-IP address. You do not have to register or enter a serial number…